Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Transportation in 2006?
















I am leaving you with only one picture for now. Blogging in Haiti is way hard. Wierd things happen to normal computers down here. I've been sitting here for forever and all I got done was one little picture because of the slowness. It's too hard to post more- my patience have run out for the evening. On a positive note, my apartment is coming along. I've spent lots of time unpacking and cleaning up rat turds. Today, I put together my bed and my portable closet. Dad, you'd be proud because I even used the cordless drill! And, of course, I had to hang some pictures up of my friends and family so that it would feel nice and home-y.
On the schedule for tomorrow: Shopping! Saturday's are market days here in Pignon. I won't be fighting any holiday crowds or long lines, but will be dealing with the masses of people (and lots of stares) to find my fresh fruits and veggies.
Also, my good friend Melissa and a group from ECC just arrived in Haiti. They are out in LaMare, a small, remote village. I will be making my way out there in a few days, probably by bike or moped to visit. (My 4-wheeler is 'stuck' in customs and I'll save that story for another blog....)
All for now.
Love from Haiti,

Lindsay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home