Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Friday, October 06, 2006

In case anyone is wondering why my Blog is uneventful....

I have had major issues w/ uploading pictures... My computer freezes up when I click on the Add Images icon. Anyone have any suggestions???

I had my first breakdown today. First one since I arrived. I went with Kara to her good friends' house. It was the friends birthday, and Kara had a gift for her. A photo album. The friend went crazy over the photo album. She must have hugged Kara 32 times and kept kissing her on the cheek saying, "Mesi, mesi anpil". (thank you, thank you, alot). This girl was so so thankful for the photo album. I have never seen anyone react that way over any gift. (and the photo album was even a regift!) Shh, don't tell Kara I told you... But I was just overcome w/ emotion to see someone be that grateful for something. It was one of those things that makes you go, "wow" and then really think about things...

2 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep the blogs coming! I love reading about your life down there :) Hope all is going well. love you and it was so wonderful to see you at Biz's wedding!! xoxo -Meghan Ward-Bopp

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just wanted to say Hi! and I hope things are going well!!

    Amy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home