Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm heeere!!

Bonjou!! Just a quick blog to say arrived safely in Haiti yesterday. No problems while in Port-au-Prince. Lots of (forced) help with luggage and all. I took a nice little flight up to Cap-Haitien. Just happened to be some men from Greenfield on the plane!! We threw around some names; they knew of the Campbell's. "Its a small world afterall..."
Kara (the other American girl) and our driver, Allen picked me up in Cap. We ran some errands, waited on the rest of my luggage to come. By that time, it was getting a little late and Caleb said we should just stay the night up here at the Mont Jolie. Man, what a bummer, we had to stay at a hotel. with great food. with a pool. and a view. and internet connection. darn. The rest of our day will consist of going to the market for supplies and getting our mail and then heading back to Pignon, which is a 4 hr drive.
Have a great day!
Linds

2 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Melissa Millis said…

    Glad to see you made it ok!

    I want to hear about that 4 hour ride...I know how those long rides in the backcountry of Haiti go:).

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Lindsay Downham said…

    Bon-
    You are hilarious! haha. I know, I was not expecting to see an american guy, let alone a cute one. haha Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home