Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006


You've Got Mail

I now have an address! A real address. Where I can get real mail sent to me in Haiti using just one 39 cent stamp. How cool. My address is actually in Florida. In case you are wondering how that works... The mail first gets sent to my address in Ft. Pierce, Florida where Missionary Flights International is located. Then, once a week MFI flies mail and packages out to anyone affiliated with their ministry. Since I will have limited contact with friends & family, I'm sure that receiving mail is just like Christmas every week and I would definitely treasure any cards or letters :) (please know that for packages weighing over one pound, I get charged $1.25/lb.)

In case you can't read my address in the picture, it is:

Lindsay Downham
Unit 1076- H.I.M.
3170 Airmans Dr.
Ft. Pierce, FL 34946

5 days, and I will be at my new home in Pignon, Haiti. Can't wait! Please pray for safe travels...(and that I can sell my car! 2006 Volkswagen Passat -anyone interested??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home