Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

College de la Grace

Here's some pictures taken out at the school. Our school is called College de la
Grace. We have both primary (elementary) and secondary (middle & high school).
Out of respect (I think) the students always stand up when I enter their classroom. Some mornings they sing a welcome song to me too! Once our new building is complete (we are hoping for January) I will have my own classroom and the students will come to my room for English.

The newest addition at school is a trampoline. It seems like the newness of it has yet to wear off- the kids still go crazy over it daily.
Five in a seat. Is that legal? Our school has a bus that picks up the youngest kids at our 'town square' so they don't have to walk the entire way to school. It is precious to see the moms and dads taking their children to the bus stop. Some parents will ride a bike with 2 kids sitting on the bars of the bike. It's amazing more kids don't fall off. I would love to get a bunch of those bike chair/seats for kids donated from a company that makes them. WHAT IS the name of those things that you attach behind the bicycle seat for kids?Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Stras said…

    Hello:) These children are adorable! I bet their little smiles just make your day, and you do the same for them! And hey, I still have a trampoline that I got about 15 years ago, that I STILL love!! ha ha:) It was great to see you over Thanksgiving. My email is amystrasburger@hotmail.com Hope to keep in better touch with you:) Take care! Love-Amy

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lindsay, One of your students in that picture is my cousin. Her name is Jouveline. I can see her standing up front and smiling. I love those kids alot... Anyway,this was avery nice picture...
    One other thing is you seem to like tarantulas by now since you have been dealing with them. Be blessed!

    Sanon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home