Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Neighbors

These are my neighbors. The five kids pictured, along with another sibling and their parents live just beyond our campus grounds. Their house is right behind my apartment; I can throw a rock from my window and hit their thatched roof.
On their door you can see that they have written, "Haiti Cheri," which is a phrase that means like, dear Haiti or precious Haiti.

I just recently met this family, so I don't know them well, but they seem sweet. Very poor. I'm looking forward to building a friendship with them in the future.
I'm not sure what you had for dinner, but I'm willing to bet that it was more delicious and nutritious than the leaves that this family of 8 is making to eat. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Trevormiller said…

    Lindsay... wow! How are you? What took you to Haiti. I would love to hear more about your adventures. I'll be praying for you. Please keep in touch. It was so good to hear from you.
    Trevor

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i happen to be here in Haiti for past 02months, and continue to stay till 15th Feb 2007. The most of the Children in Haiti are helpless. Its realy cannot beleive the life of the people of Haiti. I havent seen any interference of World Media ( CNN, BBC, or other ..) to give the reality to the world. They interested in only warsituation. The Ladies here work hard to feed the children and their husbads. It is ashamed to say.

    I am highly satisfied the way you helped the haitians. Its real humnity and the gods work. I wish you healthy and long life to continiu the work for the wold.

    Thanks
    Keerthi Perera
    keerthi.haiti@gmai.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home