Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Greetings from the Beach


Cormier Plage is amazing. It's serene and relaxing. It's the type of place where your blood pressure drops as soon as you pull in the drive. I didn't realize until I got here that I needed a break from the poverty, but I did. Seeing desperate, hungry people day after day can wear you out. I would definitely love to stay longer, but can't. One day at the beach just isn't enough!




My mom is leaving tomorrow (tear). We had an awesome time. She once again got her eyes opened to the extreme poverty, met some new friends, and is already planning her next trip back. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger PDX Papa said…

    Lindsay,

    LONG, LONG time, no see... It's Brian Russell, Stacy's brother... I somehow stumbled across your blog and well, I hope your missionary work is going a well as, well, missionary work goes :) I bet it's pretty tough, I strongly desire to do it someday. Our church has a ministry in Uganda, so who knows? Anyways, your mom looks EXACTLY the same as I remember her in my 10 year old mind! Say hello to her and your dad. Tell him I miss all the hunting stories:) And if you ever need anything that I can help with, please ask... Good luck, God Bless. Brian
    PS. All these blogs got me starting one myself: pdxpapa.blogspot.com (stay at home dad stuff, but pics of my daughters :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home