Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I always wondered where all of the market ladies kept their donkeys and horses while they worked in the market. I finally found the parking lot.


Everytime I come to the cyber cafe to use the internet, I have the wierdest experience. Once inside the cyber, it could be mistaken for any place in the states. It's airconditioned, fairly quiet, has a nice tile floor and painted walls. I come in here, get online, communicate w/ family and friends and I almost for get where I am. When open the door to leave the cyber, I'm immediately smacked with the hottness and humidity. It's dusty, I see naked kids running by, and a goat standing next to my 4-wheeler. It doesn't matter how many times I've done this, I have the same experience each time and I almost wanna laugh once I walk outside and remember I'm in a developing world. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home