Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

2 Day Trip

I took a little trip to the city! (Cap-Haitien) I'm up here with Caleb, my 'boss' trying to get some things done. I'm staying at the Mont Jolie, sitting by the pool and lookin out at the bay and mountainous landscape. I came up here to try to get my 4-wheeler out of customs. As some of you know, dealing with customs can be just lovely. To get my ATV out, they are asking for almost the price of what I paid for it! How crazy?! But we'll see if Caleb can work his magic and get the price down little. Actually, I'm praying for the price to come down A LOT.
Along with getting my long awaited 4-wheeler, I'm hoping get some supplies; powedered milk, Culligan water, a loaf of bread, a tiny stove, possibly a couch. We'll see what we can find.
The trip up here was great. We made excellent time. It look us 3 hours to go 39 miles. Note: I'm not being sarcastic. That is good timing. Normally it takes about 4 hours (an hour to go 10 miles). The other reason that the trip was so great- I rode in an AIR CONDITIONED vehicle. woo hoo for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home