Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Thursday, February 01, 2007


My mom made it here! She got into Pignon yesterday afternoon. We haven't been able to stop talking and catching up since.
She brought me tons of American food, practically a suitcase full! ...homemade cookies, scones, tuna, pop tarts, and a big birthday cookie with icing. I should be all set for a few months now.



The other day I went to a friends' garden to pick Shadek (think Grapefruit-like). We used big long tree limbs to kind of knock the shadek out of the trees. Talk about hard work, but it was worth it, I got an enormous sack of shadek to take home. I had been practicing how to make juice from the shadek so I could impress my mom, but it tastes like I need a little more work.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Melissa Millis said…

    I called your house last night to see when your mom was leaving....I found out that I had just missed her. I'm glad to hear that she made it safely.

    Have a wonderful time in Haiti, Peg!!!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi.

    I think we live in the same town.

    I don't think we've been formally introduced, though.

    http://www.xanga.com/zaomachine

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Lindsay Downham said…

    anonymous-
    so, another blan in pignon?? What kind of work are you doing here? If you see me around please say hi.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Linds! Hope you and your mom are having a wonderful time together. Peg, enjoy the sun while you can, today it was -5!
    Love,
    Kristi

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Shadek! Yum. I miss them. Eat a few for me. It's good to see things still ticking by in Haiti. I may have an opportunity to come down there for a few weeks (expenses paid!) with a "Farmers to Farmers" program. I think it would be awesome. I'll need to be catching up on my Creole though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home