Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Precious babies

A few days ago, I was helping some friends with the milk clinic that they have. (They are running an orphanage here in Pignon.) They give out formula to babies who's mothers have died. There is a great need for this because it is so easy and common for mothers to die here after giving birth (infections, etc).

They just took in this baby girl, Chrislena two weeks ago. She is 2 years old and extremely malnurished and weighs just 12 pounds. They put a feeding tube in her and they say she's making progress daily! Please be praying for her health and strength.
This baby's grandmother brought him to the milk clinic. She said that the mother ran off(???) The baby is 6 wks old and weighs almost 5 pounds. I'm not sure if you can see it well, but he is completely covered in scabies. Please keep him in your prayers too, that someone in the family will love him and start to take better care him and that he will start to gain weigh from the formula. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Trevormiller said…

    Hey Lindsay... I hope all is going well. I pray you had a merry Christmas and a happy new year. I hope to talk to you soon. Have a great week.
    Trevor

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Wow, Lindsay. Kids are so resiliant and so amazing. That precious child is smiling. Actually, they both are. I feel kind of like you took over for me even though you are in a little different place doing a little different work. It kind of calms me. I guess there will always be people God touches to do certain things like that at certain times. It's good to know things will carry on- good or bad- even though I am not there. I miss it. I miss most of it anyway. It is hard to be around that all the time. But just because I don't see doesn't change anything. I know it's still there. Anyway, thanks for being there and doing what you are doing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home