Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Dream Came True


Today, I got the greatest birthday present. It was truly a surprise. I was not expecting to get electricity already, but it happened!! When working correctly* Kara and I will recieve power from a genorator for about four hours every evening.


*This is Haiti; things never work like they should, or as good as they would in the States.



Kara and I standing with Wilber, our electrician, on our porch. Notice the WORKING light bulb above us!!

Thanks to all the hard working guys from Minnesota for coming down!! You're awesome. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Melissa Millis said…

    AWESOME!!!! What a wonderful birthday present....it happened so fast that I didn't even get a chance to pray for it (per your request). God must have heard you!:)

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Lindsay! I'm so excited that you and Kara finally have power (electrical, that is). Sounds like God is blessing. Sue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home