Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Shoes!


So, three of my friends biz, Stacy, and Amy had an idea to do a little 'shoe drive' for the children and families in Haiti.
They got their churches, friends, and familes involved in collecting shoes and also the funds to ship them here to me. The girls were thinking it would be great if they could collect a hundred pairs of shoes or so. They had no idea that they would get the response that they did. They recieved over over 700 pairs! How cool is that?!
A few weeks ago, I revieved the first giant box of shoes. I took most of them out to some remote areas. It was such a great experience meeting new people and hearing their stories. I was able to give shoes to people who didn't currently have any. And, for some people, not having a pair of shoes was keeping them from going to church.

It's cool how this little project got a big response and is making a huge difference.

Thanks biz, Stace, and Aim. I appreciate all you did to make this work. You guys are awesome.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home