Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Headin to the D.R.

Tomorrow I'm headed across the border to the other side of Hispanola. Just last night Kara and I found out that Caleb is going to the Dominican to get the truck fixed. We decided it was prime time for us to tag along and do some supply shopping. I'm really excited because the selection will be ever better than what Cap-Haitien can offer. So, we leave tomorrow morning and are hoping to return Sunday night. We've had lots of rain, so we are praying the roads won't be too bad. If we make good time, it will be about an 8 hour drive, I think. It's crazy- as soon as we cross the border we will be on a paved road, a highway! What a drastic difference. I hear they even have places like Pizza Hut and Outback Steak House....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home