Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

A typical road after the rain... It gets pretty messy. Most people walk barefoot, carrying their shoes and then put them on once they get to their destination.
The last couple of weeks I've had bad luck with rain. I think about 4 days a week I get caught in a massive downpour while I'm out and about on my 4-wheeler.
Today, I'm headed to the market to do some shopping. Saturday is the main market day in my town. People come from all over to buy and sell their produce, animals, wood, charcoal, etc. I'm mostly looking for fruits and vegtables today. Haiti has some really great fruits! I make fresh juice almost every single day.
No school on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday because it is 'Fet Pignon'- the anniversary of Pignon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home