Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Time for School


Ahh, the first day of school. Some loved it and some (preschoolers) told me they were never coming back again. All in all, it went smoothly and I am so excited for this school year.
I was out jogging as some of the parents were walking (or carrying) their little kids to school. It was really touching to see. They were nervous and anxious to send their little ones off to school just like moms and dads are in the States. But you could also tell how proud these parents were to be able to send their kids to school. Being able to give their kids an education is giving them hope for their future.


The kids that loved it....


The kids that hated it...









1 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger the domingo tribe said…

    Linds!
    It's good to see all your new posts! I'm so glad you're doing well! I totally resonate with the feelings portrayed on these kids' faces! I feel each of those things, depending on the school day! Keep on keepin' on, sister!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home