Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Baby Boom in LaMare

I have three good friends (all from the same small village of LaMare) pregnant at the same time! It makes me laugh to see them all laying next to each other in the hospital. One gave birth Saturday (and unfortunately lost the baby), one gave birth Sunday, and one is still waiting patiently.
Madame Onas, Marina, and Ritha (standing) in their hospital room.
Me with Marina's son an hour after he was born. As far as I know, he's still nameless. (I've noticed that some women aren't in a big hurry to name their children.)

Ritha, praying her baby will come soon! This is her 7th pregnancy.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW Lindsay how fun for you! I am glad to hear you are having fun.

    Jess from Fargo

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry to hear that one of your friends' baby died. I hope the other two will thrive, and the mothers will heal quickly.

    Beth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home