Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's so funny to me how things that are simple and mindless in the States, can be time consuming and complicated here. The other day, I told Kara that I could take her into town on my 4-wheeler as soon as I flushed my toilet. Ok, so, in the States, that takes what, one or two seconds? Here, that can take around fifteen minutes (*when I don't have water) by the time I find a bucket, walk down to the well, pump the water by hand, and carry the bucket back up to my house. Who would ever think flushing a toilet could involve that kind of work and sweat? Really though, I need to be thankful that I have a toilet. People around here don't have toilets or even latrines.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home