Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Ants Eat Clothes

This is Paulette, my laundry lady. She comes to my house every Friday and spends hours washing all clothes. She is such a hard worker and has gotten out stains that even my washing machine back home can't get out!


I learned today that ants can eat clothes. It turns out that while I was in the States last week, my laundry basket was invaded by hundreds of hungry ants. They put all kinds of crazy holes in several pieces of clothing. Here's one of my favorite skirts that is now a little holey.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Trisha said…

    I have been having the same experience. They have invaded my closet and are eating lots of my cotton sweaters, knit shirts, cotton skirts. I wore a sweater Friday and it had huge holes eaten through by Sunday morning. I'm at a lose as what to do and loosing lots of clothes in the process.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home