Lindsay in Haiti

...a journal of my experiences while living in Haiti for the next two years.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Job and Daphca

Daphca, Sophronie (Job's 12 year old sister and caretaker) and Job sitting on my 4-wheeler.


Daphca and Job were reunited this week :) Daphca was back in town to have an operation on her clavical. The two kids didn't think they'd ever see each other again, so it was really cute seeing their reactions when I took Daphca in to see Job. There was a team this week of American doctors who looked at Job. They explained to me things aren't looking too well for him. Job's bed sores are getting so bad that the infection is now in his bones. The sores are like raw craters forming on his spine, hips and bottom. Job is so precious though. With everything going on and his family treating him so badly, he never fails to have a big smile for me as I walk up to him.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lindsay... Thanks for all you shared with me. I hope that Job is doing well. what a cute picture of him and Daphca! Take care and remember to listen to your heart. Love and Blessings to you. Jess Bentley

     

Post a Comment

<< Home